USDA/DOJ Public Workshops on Competition in Agriculture
In 2010, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the Department of Justice (DOJ) held five joint public workshops to explore competition issues affecting the agriculture industry in the 21st century and the appropriate role for antitrust and regulatory enforcement in that industry. These were the first joint USDA/DOJ workshops ever held to discuss agricultural competition and regulatory issues.
- Issues of Concern to Farmers - Ankeny, Iowa (March 12, 2010)
- Poultry Industry - Normal, Alabama (May 21, 2010)
- Dairy Industry - Madison, Wisconsin (June 25, 2010)
- Livestock Industry - Fort Collins, Colorado (August 27, 2010)
- Margins - Washington, DC (December 8, 2010)
Full information on the workshops, including overviews, transcripts, and videos is available at http://www.justice.gov/atr/public/workshops/ag2010/index.htm