Official inspections of grains, oilseeds, and other agricultural and processed commodities are based on established official U.S. standards, Inspection services are divided into two basic types: "inspection for grade" or "factor analysis" without grade. Inspection for grade involves analyzing the sample according to the quality factors listed in the Official U.S. Standards for Grain and certifying the applicable numeric grade designation, the quality factors responsible for the grade assignment, and any other quality factors the customer requests.
- Part 810 - Official United States standards for grain
- U.S. Standards for Rice
- U.S. Standards for Whole Dry Peas.
- U.S. Standards for Split Peas
- U.S. Standards for Feed Peas
- U.S. Standards for Lentils
- U.S. Standards for Beans
- Historical Compilation of Grain Standards Changes
- Historical Compilation of Rice Standards Changes .
Handbooks & References
These files have been moved, please follow this link to the new location. https://www.ams.usda.gov/publications/content/fgis-pdf-handbooks
The Directives have been moved.
Visual Reference Library
These files have been moved, please follow this link to the new location. https://www.ams.usda.gov/book/visual-reference-images
These files have been moved, please follow this link to the new location. https://www.ams.usda.gov/publications/content/bar-decisions